Yes, pancake day is everyday!
Ok, I know when you hear pancakes you would never thought about these lill savory ones. It’s a bad prejudice that pancakes are always a big tower or made with lots and lots of eggs. So here we go, I prove you the opposite!
There’re made without eggs, yeast and in uhm in half an hour. Sounds like the perfect aka delicious aka also healthy meal or? So the dough is the easiest thing ever and what about the filling?
Oh man, oh man. It’s pesto. But not the store bought one, no. I bought 500 grams fresh spinach yesterday for less than one euro, so a lot of recipe ideas are running through my head and this simple one came out.
A lot of green smoothie bowls will be in the coming too, oh yum…
But spinach isn’t the only ingredient, there’s also cashew nut (which can be replace with any other nut you prefer!), avocado for extra healthy fats and thats it (expect the liquid ofc)
When will you skip pancake Sunday and prepare these pesto stuffed pancakes for lunch?
Here’s the recipe:
For the dough:
250 grams all purpose flour
160 ml water
½ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
75 grams Spinach
25 grams Cashew nuts
5 teaspoon oil
3-4 teaspoon water
- Start by making the dough. Add the flour, water, and salt to a mixing bowl and mix until it forms a dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Set aside and cover to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the filling and mix it well.
- Divide the pancake dough into 6 equal portions. Roll one of the dough pieces into a long, thin rectangle.
- Lightly oil the dough and spread about one teaspoon of the pesto mixture on it.
- Roll the dough forward into a cylinder.
- Then stand it on one end so it’s a standing cylinder. Press the dough down into a flat pancake.
- Pour ½ tsp oil into a pan and heat it up. Place pancakes into the pan and fry until golden. Carefully flip and fry on the other side (about 3 minutes per side).