It’s breakfast time on lenaliciously!
Yeah!! And that’s definitely with out any doubts my favorite part of the day! As I was a little child I’m always and forever an early bird. Yes, always. Even when I’m gone and partying the whole evening (I’m now a bit older and wiser you know and just chilling in my cozy sweater at home on friday evening and creating plus eating new recipes) I was the first one who got up at 8 o’clock and had max. 3-4 hours of sleep.. Well, you can call me crazy but this is like my breakfast routine. I would never, ever skip breakfast or get up later than nine clock (even and especially on holidays).
But you might think „Why are you talking about your sleep disorders and what it has to do with your breakfast?“ Well, as the sun was risen today (yes, it was so early!) I thought about some more „special“ or lets say „exquisite“ for my breakfast.
The oats are cooked as I throw some soaked cashews and a few more ingredients in my food processor and yeah made my own yogurt. Ok, and everyone woke up in my house because of the noise, eh I mean the delicious oatmeal…
What you need:
Creamy peanut butter oatmeal:
25 grams oats
80-90 ml water + 3 tbsp dairy free milk
2 1/2 tsp peanut butter (creamy,crunchy or powder)
1 1/2 tsp sugar or sweetener of your choice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
65 grams soaked cashews (for 7-12 hours or overnight)
300 ml water
4 tsp psyllium husks
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium sized saucepan bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, peanut butter and sweeter and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. When the milk is gone the oatmeal should be just about ready.
- Soak the the Cashews in water for 7-12 hours or overnight.
- Combine the psyllium husks, dates and the water in a jar and stir until it thickens.
- In a food processor add the cashew nuts, lemon juice, psyllium-date mixture, cocoa powder and blend until its smooth.
- Serve with some peanut butter oatmeal, fresh fruits or right away.