No sushi rice? No problem.
Well, ok I’m an beginner when it comes to sushi or rather all asian food.
Ok and I made my first sushi rolls two weeks ago. Like whaaaat? Yes I think, I’m very lame when it comes to delicious food…
But you might be asked why, I haven’t made it earlier. Lets say (and I know you’ll hate me probably but) I don’t really liked this sticky rice. Haha its just a matter of taste. But definitely have to make more asian food! Thats fact.
And now lets go to these lill beauties. And whats best? There base consists of brown rice and is made in less than 30 minutes. Thats a pretty good deal, right? So super healthy and also nourishing, but thats not the only one ‚cause..
yep the ordinary onigiri is ofc stuffed. So this one is filled with black tahini or also called sesame mousse. And to complete this little recipe there’re dipped in some vegan parmesan.
Oh and have I mention the peeled avocado? No, well there round off this so easy recipe and want to smooth your face into the tastiest avocado right now! So put out your peeler and lets get started!
Here’s the recipe:
75 grams Brown Rice
250 ml water
1/2 tsp salt
(The best to store the vegan parmesan is in an airtight jar, so it will last a long time this way)
150 grams Cashews
1 tsp nutrional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
- Wash the rice and cook it (with the lid on) on low heat until the rice absorbed all the water. Let it cool off completely.
- In the meantime, put all the ingredients for the parmesan in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Cut the nori sheet in 7 strips, so they could go around the bottom of the onigiri.
- Slightly wet your hands (this way it’s easier to work with the rice and it’s not that sticky) and form 6-7 balls.
- Press one ball flat in your hand, spread the tahini on one side (leave out the edges) and fold it together. Now form the onigiri in shape.
- Put a nori strip around the bottom. Pour the cashew parmesan on a plate and dip the sides of the onigiri in the vegan parmesan.