Have you said waffles?
As you might saw (from my instagram account) I’m truly in love with my new waffle icon, and well I could REALLY waffle everything. Yes everything.
From bread to tacos and to the normal ones, all stuffed into my new allrounder. But who would said you couldn’t ?
And today (and the next upcoming days) I’m trying something new. Its the „take a all loved recipe and make it loved in another way“.
Stay tuned I made something nobody, really Nobody would expect!
And neapolitan ice cream is like the most famous recipe out there, and well even as a child I loved them. So I couldn’t hold myself back to make a banana ice-cream variant. Oh banana ice-cream haven’t had you for too long…
But I also love waffle.
That was a real dilemma, but not today anymore.
Its Chocolate-Vanilla and dried pitaya waffle.
Thats THE endless love story out there and all kind of flavors, all combined and cooked perfectly next to each other. Oh my oh my…
And don’t forget to drizzle with agave syrup/honey or maybe more ice-cream?
What you need:
200 grams all purpose flour
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
150 grams dairy free milk
4 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp psyllium husk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tsp chocolate powder
3 tsp dried pitaya, ground into a powder in the food processor
1 tsp coconut oil for coating
Neapolitan ice cream:
4 frozen bananas
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla powder
30 grams fresh strawberries, mixed to liquid
2-3 tsp coconut milk
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, coconut cream and psyllium husk; add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between three bowls. In one bowl, stir in the vanilla extract. In another bowl, stir in the chocolate powder until thoroughly combined. In the third bowl, stir in the pitaya powder.
- Coat the waffle iron with coconut oil. Take a heaping spoonful of the strawberry batter and pour it into a stripe in the waffle iron; use the back of the spoon to spread it into place if needed. Spoon a stripe of the vanilla batter next to the strawberry batter, spreading it into place. Put a stripe of chocolate batter next to the waffle batter. All three lines of batter should be touching each other.
- Close the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions (my waffles cook for 3-5 minutes). Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles with a drizzle of agave syrup and fresh fruits.
For the Neapolitan ice-cream:
- Put frozen bananas and coconut milk in a mixer and mix until smooth. Divide as the waffle batter to different bowls and pour cocoa/vanilla powder and strawberry liquid.